Flying informed | Passenger rights
WHAT THIS DOCUMENT STATES MUST BE CONSIDERED FOR MERELY INFORMATION PURPOSES AS THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITY REGULATION NO. 261/2004 REMAINS IN FORCE
To whom it is applied
To all passengers according to art. 3 Regulation No. 261/2004 of all Blue Panorama Airlines and blu-express flights departing from an airport located in the territory of the European Community, as well as to passengers of all Blue Panorama Airlines and blu-express flights departing from an airport located in the territory of non-EU country with destination to an airport located in the territory of the European Community territory, unless they have already been granted benefits provided by local regulations (such as economic compensation, re-routing on an alternative flight, assistance).
Conditions of applicability
Passengers must have a ticket, which allows them to have a seat in the cabin for passengers on the flight concerned and must be present for check-in, as stipulated, and at the time previously indicated on the ticket (including electronic tickets) by Blue Panorama Airlines and blu-express, or by a tour operator or an authorized travel agent. In case there is no previous time indicated, passengers must be present within and no later than 60 minutes before the published departure time. The same provisions apply to passengers transferred by Blue Panorama Airlines and blu-express or by a tourist operator from the flight booked to another flight for whatever reason.
Conditions of non-applicability
That is conditions that do not apply to passengers holding tickets received for free or purchased at a reduced fare, which is not directly or indirectly available to the public.
In the event of denied boarding, or refusal by Blue Panorama Airlines and blu-express to carry a passenger on a flight, subject to compliance by the passenger of the conditions specified in the previous paragraphs, and if there are no reasonable grounds to deny boarding to the passenger such as reasons of health, security or inadequate travel documents, Blue Panorama Airlines and blu-express, before denying boarding shall seek first passengers willing to give up the flight in exchange for benefits to be agreed (see par. B). Only if the number of volunteers is not enough, Blue Panorama Airlines and blu-express can deny boarding to passengers against their shall, and shall provide passengers who have been denied boarding with what is indicated by point A, B and C.
In case of cancellation of a flight, Blue Panorama Airlines and blu-express shall provide passengers with what is indicated in point A, unless the passenger has not been informed of the cancellation:
- With at least a two-week notice;
- In the period between seven and fourteen days before, when an alternative flight is offered no more than two hours before the originally scheduled departure and to reach the final destination less than four hours after the arrival time originally scheduled;
- Less than seven days before, when an alternative flight is offered no more than one hour before the originally scheduled departure and to reach their final destination less than two hours after the arrival time originally scheduled.
Cancellation in operating
Blue Panorama Airlines and blu-express shall provide the passengers with what was established by point A, B and C.
economic compensation is not paid if Blue Panorama Airlines and blu-express can prove that the cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances, which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken for the event.
In case of flight delay in respect to the scheduled time of departure:
- at least two hours for flights up to 1.500 Km;
- at least three hours for all intra-Community flights of more than 1.500 Km and for all other flights between 1.500 and 3.500 Km;
- at least four hours for all flights over 3.500 Km outside the EU.
Blue Panorama Airlines and blu-express shall provide passengers as indicated in point C. Besides, in case the delay exceeds five hours, the company shall provide passengers as specified in point B.
In any event, assistance shall be offered within the time limits with respect to each distant bracket.
The compensation provided shall be:
- 250,00 for flights up to 1.500 Km;
- 400,00 for intra-Community flights of more than 1.500 Km and for all flights between 1.500 and 3.500 Km;
- 600,00 for all flights over 3.500 Km outside the EU.
In the event that passengers are offered the opportunity to travel on an alternative flight, which arrival time does exceed two, three or four hours in respect to the flight originally booked, Blue Panorama Airlines and blu-express shall reduce by 50% the compensation previously reported.
Passengers shall be offered the choice between:
- reimbursement within seven days without charge of the full cost of the ticket for the part of the flight which was not made and for the part or parts of the flight, which have already been made, if no longer needed with respect to the original travel plan;
- and if appropriate: return flight to the first point of departure, as soon as possible;
- boarding on an alternative flight to the final destination under similar traveling conditions as soon as possible;
- boarding on an alternative flight to the final destination, under similar traveling conditions, at a later date, which is most suitable to passengers, depending on the availability of seats.
If the city or the region is served by several airports, the cost of transferring passengers from the airport of arrival to the airport, for which the booking was made, shall be borne by Blue Panorama Airlines and blu-express.
Passengers are entitled free of charge to:
- meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time;
- in the event that one or more overnight stays are necessary, adequate hotel accommodation;
- two telephone calls or messages via telex, fax or e-mail;
- transport between the airport and the place of accommodation (hotel or other);
In the event of denied boarding, as part of a package, passengers shall immediately send a complaint by registered mail, directly to the organizer.